Monday, June 23, 2008

Close to My Heart - a SIDS and KIDS fundraiser

I am so excited to be involved in running this great event again this year. We had so much fun last year and raised over $3,200. Even if you're not "into" crafting come along make a card or two at the make'n'takes and support this wonderful cause. It's going to be a fun night of crafting with heaps of fun things to do. This fundraiser is very close to my heart as my first born beautiful baby girl (Amelia-Belle Josiah Crowther "Millie") was stillborn. I received a lovely memory book published by SIDS and Kids which is one of our most precious keepsakes of her short life.

Millie would have turned 6 this November, I still think about her everyday and look forward to meeting again one day. Stillbirth is still quite common, I am amazed at how many people I meet who have experienced this pain or who know someone close to them who have. You can read the poem I wrote in the days after Millie's birth/death along with Jacinda's story above (click on the picture for a larger view).

SIDS and Kids isn't just about stillbirth, SIDS and Kids Hunter Region supports families who experience the death of their baby or young child during pregnancy, birth and infancy, through the provision of bereavement support, education, advocacy and the promotion of research. A cause well worth supporting!

Bookings are essential and places are limited so get in early and email me at ecrowther@c5.org.au or call 0403 528 522 to secure your spot.

A huge thanks to the talented Liz Walker for designing the flyers for us.
 
Check out this post for latest prizes and info.