Monday, September 21, 2009

Close to My Heart

I'm helping to organise a fundraising night of Craft in October for SIDS and Kids.  It's going to be a fun night of crafting with heaps of fun things to do, check out the details by clicking on the pictures below.  This fundraiser is close to my heart as 5 years ago my first born beautiful baby girl (Amelia-Belle Josiah Crowther "Millie") was stillborn.  I received a lovely memory book published by SIDS and Kids which is a precious keepsake for us.

Stillbirth is still quite common, in our group of 7 Stampin Up demonstrators 2 of us have had a still born. You can read the poem I wrote in the days after Millie's birth/death along with Jacinda's story below (click on the picture for a larger view).

SIDS and Kids isn't just about stillbirth, SIDS and Kids is dedicated to saving the lives of babies and children during pregnancy, birth, infancy and childhood and to supporting bereaved families.  A cause well worth supporting!  Bookings are essential and places are limited so get in early and email me at ecrowther@c5.org.au or call 0403 528 522 to secure your spot.



No comments:

Post a Comment